Monday, December 20, 2010

Building My Brand - the "This Dude" edition

This dude

The one I met a few years back

He’s the inspiration for this track

A picnic, some dancing

And this dude comes along

He danced his way beside me

Leave it to him to blindside me

Did you know

Before I Let Go

Was our first dance song?

He spoke good words

Funny but from the heart

But before we could start

To build anything

A whole lot would have to be finished

And so we closed out old stuff

Because we had to

And when we went through

We held on

Because our love was enough

This dude

To the world

Laugh out loud crazy but respected much

With me

Soft of voice and tender touch

Writing me Roses are Red poems

He meant what he said poems

And told me that we would be together

I’d stopped believing in forever

Just surviving one day at a time

But his love set off the rhyme

In my soul

And then I knew

I knew

He’s not perfect by a long shot

And I’m not into reverence

But our business

Is our business

So I give our relationship deference

He’s my dude

I love him

And I learn from him

And get inspired by him

Never get tired of him

He challenges me

Good enough is never enough

And he’s like the Gray men

I grew up with

Dedication to family

Even when times are tough

He’s the other side

To my Libra scale

And when I’m off kilter

And feel like I’m falling

He won’t let me fail

That’s my dude yes

And I am grateful

The world can be hateful

But my home is filled with love

And that’s what I think of

When I’m tired

Or scared

Or frustrated

He cared

He loved

He talked

He taught

And I’m the better for it.

1 comment: